Stuck during restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by boommoa, Mar 23, 2009.

1. boommoa

boommoa New Member

Hey guy,
    my iPod touch 2G 16gb is not working and I hope you can help me. I jailbroke it some time ago using Voltage and it worked absolutely fine. The battery went dead yesterday and because it annoyed me to have to boot it via PC, I came here to look for an untethered jailbreak which I found.

Now I tried to use Redtool to to a NOR only flash but it got stuck at some point. I then tried again, this time leaving the NOR only option unchecked to do a complete jailbreak restore. Did not work either. Redtool built the custom ipsw just fine but when I tried to force restore (shift+restore) via iTunes, it stopped with the iPod displaying the Apple logo and a progress bar that was full. Left it like that for 2 hours, nothing happened, so I tried to kill iTunes but the task manager is unable to close it and it shows 100% CPU usage by iTunes. So I build a new ipsw with QuickFreedom, same thing happens.

All this would not be too bad, if I could restore via iTunes. Naturally I am in DFU the whole time, unable to boot, with iTunes telling me my iPod is in Recovery Mode. When I click on restore it tells me that there is no new software for my iPod and to check if I have the newest version of iTunes, which I have, 8.1.

So I try force restore with the original ipsw provided by Apple. Same thing happens, stuck with a full progress bar, left it running for 6 hours today, nothing happened.

After that I put in in DFU and try booting it with the boot tool provided with Voltage. It seems to work, Apple logo comes up, then displays the "Connect to iTunes" screen. I do and this time clicking restore works (NOT shift + restore). iTunes downloads the firmware, tries to install it and ... is stuck with full progress bar on the iPod and the message "Preparing iPod software" on my computer screen, like all the times before.

My question: Has anyone else had this problem and is there a known solution? Any ideas what other things I could try. I am not familiar with iRecovery but for tech heavy workarounds.

Any Help is very much appreciated.
  2. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Restart your computer
    Reinstall iTunes
    if it's absolutely stuck, then sorry can't be much help :[
    good luck
  3. boommoa

boommoa New Member

In the mean time I tried to restore it on another PC, same result.
  4. pryvisee

pryvisee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah try to go to your public library and try it
  5. csutka

csutka New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same problem, NOTHING helped :'(
    Please help, in my country Apple's support is very very bad.