Stuck building toolchain.

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Pelaez-1, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I'm building the toolchain with the instructions here:
    http://code.google.com/p/iphone-dev/wiki/Building

I'm at this step:
    Code:
    $ svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk llvm-svn -r 42498
    $ pushd llvm-svn
    $ ./configure --enable-optimized
    $ make ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1
    [B]$ sudo make install[/B]
    $ LLVMOBJDIR=`pwd`
    $ popd
    And I got this:
    Code:
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/home/pel/Toolchain/llvm-svn/Release/bin/tb       lgen', needed by `/home/pel/Toolchain/llvm-svn/lib/VMCore/Release/Intrinsics.gen       .tmp'.  Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pel/Toolchain/llvm-svn/lib/VMCore'
    make: *** [install] Error 1

I'm on Linux, Kubuntu (Ubuntu with KDE enviroment)
  2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Gotchas

• Make sure that there are no spaces in any of the directory names that you use. GCC does not build if there are spaces in the directory names, and the shell scripts will not work. This is most often a problem on Windows.
    • Make sure that /usr/local/bin is in your PATH. This is not the case out of the box on Mac OS X, although chances are if you've installed things from source before you've added it already.
    • If LLVM failed to compile because of missing bison and/or flex (evidence that this was the case is a failed compile on utils/TableGen/FileLexer.l), you must make clean and delete utils/TableGen/FileParser.h before trying again with bison and flex installed. LLVM's make clean script does not always properly clean up after a failed build.
    • Make sure that $HEAVENLY points to a copy of the full iPhone root filesystem, not just the unpacked update DMG. If you get errors about being unable to find -lc, then your $HEAVENLY is set incorrectly, you mistyped the --with-heavenly option to configure, or your copy of the root partition is incomplete. Your copy of the iPhone root filesystem must include a usr/lib/libc.dylib file.
  3. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

dude. if you're trying to build it for 2.0+ firmwares, use this guide: http://www.saurik.com/id/4

its so so easy, and full proof.
  4. bones237

bones237 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    that's funny.....i thought that sounded familiar. Those paragraphs are right under the directions he's following.....lol
  5. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)