Stuck at "Wait for you iPod to connect in Recovery Mode..."

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by sinoako, Sep 20, 2008.

1. sinoako

sinoako New Member

QuickPwn gets stuck at "Wait for you iPod to connect in Recovery Mode..." when jailbreaking. The ipod shows the usb=itunes picture but nothing happens. I'm using ipod touch 1G fresh 2.1 firmware on win xp. Help would be appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. rocko007

rocko007 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have the same problem

3. intopuddles

intopuddles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same here. Apparently QuickPWN is suppose to reboot in DFU mode, but it brings mine to Recovery instead.

[edit:] Actually, it boots into recovery mode, and then following the steps brings it to DFU. Unfortunately, it's still stuck, apparently waiting for Recovery mode when it's already there.
  4. cometobuy

cometobuy New Member

it suppose to take you recovery mode, and then you get manually dfu mode from there.
  5. iH@CK3RZ

iH@CK3RZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    you guys are supposed to follow the directions. once its in recovery mode press and hold the home and power button for ten seconds then let go of the power button but keep holding on to the home button for ten seconds and walah!
  6. intopuddles

intopuddles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Didn't you notice that the thread of the title said "Stuck at 'Wait for your iPod to connect in Recovery mode...?'" Our problem is that it never gets to the point where it has us press any of the buttons. Once it reboots in Recovery mode, all the steps in QuickPWN still appear in gray font, rather than blue, which is suppose to indicate when to proceed. If you put it in DFU manually, it doesn't matter because QuickPWN is still waiting for Recovery mode apparently.
  7. Weed

Weed New Member

Hello Guys,
    I had the same Problem and i have fixed it, dunno if this helps too for you
    When i connect my Ipod throw USB i have seen in Device Manager under "USB-Controller" more then 1 "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" so i have removed just everything, rebooted, connected the Ipod and reinstalled the Driver and now there is just one Driver listed in Device Manager
    Maybe it appears more then one in Device Manager just after Quickpwn reboots the Ipod in Recovery Mode, i dont know
  8. intopuddles

intopuddles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

The only related driver I get in Device Manager in DFU mode is:
    Apple Recovery (DFU) USB Driver
  9. sp4t3n

sp4t3n New Member

have the same problem on 3PC´s so i think there is anithing wrong with the ipod or the cable duno i will try to test it on a mac...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok i jailbreaked now my ipod put not with quickpwn cuz i cant fix the stuck problem..
    what u need
    -itunes
    -winpwng 2.5
    -a custom firmware 2.1 (google for iPod1,1_2.1_5F137_Restore_custom.ipsw its a russian site or ask me via pm)
    -a white glimming ipod screen (i tell u l8ter how i get them ^^)
    -and of curz an ipod 1G

What i have done
    1. start winpwng follow the steps up to the DFU mode winpwng will say that ur usb connection isnt ok (but ur ipod is in dfu mode - u can see it in the hardwaremanager of win)
    2. (dont change anything on ur ipod let him in the DFU Mode) change the usb ports, on any port winpwng will say "graz ur ipod is in dfu mode i start pwng" but the same problem like in quickpwn after that it stucks
    3. close winpwng and start itunes it detects that ur ipod is in the recovery mode, put shift and klick the reovery now search for ur downloaded custom firmware and start - now it takes a while then my itunes say Error 1601 BUT my ipod start glowing white
    4. start ur itunes again, reocover with the custom firmware and congraz it works

if u got error 6 ur where not in DFU mode !!!

so i hope some guys can now jailbreak her ipod

sry 4 my bad english i have not rly much time 2 write this

10. iH@CK3RZ

iH@CK3RZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    why dont you do a hard restart and try the recovery mode/dfu again