Stuck at the booth screen!!!

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by tabZ, Jun 27, 2010.

1. tabZ

tabZ New Member

Ok, I have a 3g iPhone 8gig in perfect condition. I jailbroke and unlocked it the day I got it, and have had no problems since. Well, I dediced today that I was going to reset the settinGs, and erase the apps on the device and start over, to save some space.

So, I went into settings, and chose to reset and erase all content. It went thru, and then rebooted. However, it got stuck at the boot screen. So, I brought it home and was going to restore thru iTunes, however, now iTunes will not find the device.

I was running 3.1.2 software. Any clue how to get it to read on itunes again? Please help guys...... PLSSS
  2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You could try a DFU restore.
  3. tabZ

tabZ New Member

how can i go there?
  4. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    sigh...you're the third person I've seen today who did this!

easy explanation:
    -turn your phone off, as usual.
    -Plug it into your computer (iTunes open), if it says it can't recognize your phone, just say ok. It doesn't matter at this point, just make sure your iTunes looks normal as though your phone wasn't plugged in. Your phone should still be off
    -Hold the power and home button for 10 seconds, yes, I do mean as close to 10 actual seconds as you can be
    -Release the power button and continue holding the home button. iTunes should eventually pop up with a message saying it detected a device in recovery.

From there I'm not sure if you'll be forced to restore to 4.0 and upgrade to iTunes 9.2 or if it'll allow a restore to 3.1.3, either way you can still downgrade to 3.1.3.

If my instructions aren't clear enough/don't work, google DFU restore or search it on this site, there' a stickied guide somewhere.