stuck at the apple after uninstalling trip1pogostick

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by glasssss, Oct 15, 2007.

1. glasssss

glasssss New Member

I already had summerboard installed and working, and TONS of other apps, everything working great..

then i figured I would uninstall trip1pogo, and now it wont boot...

is there anything I can do short of hard restore deal
  2. iancass79

iancass79 New Member

i am not sure how to fix but the same thing happened to me and i had to hard restart and then restore and rejailbreak. SUCKED!!!
  3. ecbtln

ecbtln New Member

happened to me also a couple days ago
  4. ryfx

ryfx New Member

it happened to me yesterday.
    I got it to boot up after I had to hard boot it.
    then when I rebooted again, it got stuck. Ran out of luck then, forcing me to restore it.

So, my suggestion would be to restore it, because you probably will not get passed the logo screen.
  5. digdug

digdug New Member

If you get stuck, try this so you don't have to restore. This works because even though you are stuck at the Apple Logo, you iPod has made wi-fi connection and is otherwise running fine its just the userface which isn't loading properly.

1. Putty into the device.
    2. Type this exactly:

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard

3. You will see the UI pop up. Play with it a bit to make sure it is responsive to your touch. This is the original UI that the iPod came with.

4. Now, again in Putty, type this exactly:

/Applications/Installer.spp/Installer

5. This will run installer. From here, reinstall Pogostick and then reboot.

You should be good to go.
  6. Doughboy

Doughboy New Member

I had same problem and thanks to this thread I fixed.

In my case I had to change the SpringBoard to executeable... eg:

chmod 755 SpringBoard

I also had to run commands from two separate shell logins.

I never had an option to install trip1pogostick so I was going to manually install it but then I had a thought! I believe it is a bug in installer because I upgraded to Springboard and it overwrites trip1pogostick but Installer still believes it is installed. Then when uninstalling pogo, it actually uninstalled Springboard and didn't put things back correctly. So instead of the last step, I did the following:

In Installer, I uninstalled Springboard and then without restarting Installer, I re-installed it again. Then everything worked fine.
  7. B.Hardball

B.Hardball New Member

I can't quite get the steps to work in this thread - putty simply says access denied when I tell it to do something. Previously I used WinSCP and can still access all the files including Sprinboard, but I am a noob and don't know what to do with it.

Doughboy - any chance you could explain how to change to an executable? Cheers for any help guys.
  8. B.Hardball

B.Hardball New Member

Ah sorry - I worked it out myself. I assume I set Springboard back to 644 at the end?

Also, when I did it, I tried typing the Installer line (step 4) but my ipod just seemed to crash... then I restarted it by holding down both buttons, then when it fired back up it seemed to be working fine.

Strange thing is neither Springboard nor trip1pogostick are in the uninstall list or the install list...

Is this something I desperately need???