stuck at pineapple boot screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by tdk333, Jul 19, 2008.

1. tdk333

tdk333 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so i just jailbroke 2.0 through winpwn on a mac
    and everything seemed to go well
    but my ipod is constantly resetting, it gets as far as the pineapple boot screen, then just crashes or resets or something and goes straight back to the pineapple, this is non stop

any ideas?

EDIT: sorry got a little mixed up.. i used Pwnage Tool 2.0
    not winpwn
  2. Sparky1010

Sparky1010 New Member

winpwn on a mac?!?
    Try regular pwnage.
  3. llwangll

llwangll New Member

I'm having the exact same problem. I've got the phone unlocked and it's been working quite well actually. I turned the phone off, turned it back on later in the day, and now it's stuck at the pineapple boot loader.

I've tried to research being stuck on the load screen, but I've not been able to find much out there that's been really helpful. I've also tried re-jailbreaking the phone using the Pwnage Tool, but it says I need to restore the phone using iTunes. That wouldn't be a problem, save the fact that since it's stuck in this boot loop I can't get the computer to recognize it as a device, so itunes won't sync/recognize. I've also tried to get the phone to slip into recovery mode (holding home/sleep for 10-30 seconds) but it just restarts the boot loop about 3 times and either ends (after 20-30 seconds) with the boot screen, or the device being off. (basically, I can't get that "usb please connect to itunes" screen).

I hope someone has run into this already and may have some sort of advice!
  4. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry to be picky, but the pineapple is not the bootloader, just the boot image.
  5. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
  6. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Do you guys see a spinning wheel when booting?
  7. squirt22

squirt22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i had this same problem. just hold down home and the top button. release the top button when it restarts and then while holding down the home button still insert the usb cable. now it brings it up in itunes and restores it.

use Zombie killers method.