Stuck at iTunes and USB screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gjmdeputy, Sep 20, 2009.

1. gjmdeputy

gjmdeputy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok I am new to this whole forum. I have a 2Generation 8gig IPod touch and am now stuck at the itunes usb screen. I was using my touch at a wifi spot and tried downloading a game. I ended up having to leave before it finished installing the game. When I got home I hooked it up to my computer and everything was working fine. Itunes had a new software download available so I downloaded it and have had a problem ever since.
    I tried restore but got the error 1604 message now I can't get anything but the itunes logo with the usb picture. I have tried every suggestion on the internet but no luck. Here is what I do step by step.......Ipod is at black screen, I touch the top button and it takes me to the iTunes screen with the USB pic.....now I hold both top button and button on front of the ipod....screen goes black for a couple of seconds and goes back to the iTunes screen with USB. I am lost and frustrated with this. Just when I needed it most it goes bad. If I uninstall everything to do with Apple and iTunes and then install it all again...will that help? Will I lose everything I paid for through the iTunes store(music, apps, games)? I can't even get it to shut off. It only lets me see two things...a black screen or the iTunes with USB. I just tried plugging in the charger with the same result. I can't get past the connect screen. Someone please help!!! I have too much stuff saved on my ipod to lose it all. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Try the link in my signature. I hope that helps.
  3. gjmdeputy

gjmdeputy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    jaw......thanks for your response but I am too illiterate to figure it all out. I tried your link but when I downloaded the i fix windows zip file to my desktop...well, I get lost after that. Is there any way to walk me through it? I am using Windows XP. I will probably end up taking this to the Apple store and see if they can figure it out. It is still under warranty until Nov. 2009.
    Another thing....I have tried to get my iPod in DFU but no luck. Every time I try holding down the buttons the screen goes black but then opens back up to the iTunes logo with USB cord no matter how many times I do it.
  4. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    iv gotten that error before, you try a program called 'irecovery'? it worked for me with the 1604 error.... you know i saw another post about this... i wonder if its becasue of the new itunes, i havent jb with or restored with the new firmware or itunes 9 but, its looking semi-common... weird
  5. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

I can chat with you on Gmail, MSN, Ymail, or AOL, if you want I can PM you my address. If it isn't jailbroken I would advise just taking it in.