Stuck at apple logo switching to blank screen!! HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SvOak18, Jun 16, 2008.

1. SvOak18

SvOak18 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so i downloaded biteSMS on the ipod touch to see if it could maybe send txts, and it told me to turn off the ipod then turn it back on. i turned if off and now its at a black screen. i connected it to my computer, and itunes recognizes it as if it was normal. but every once in a while it switches to the apple boot logo. then itunes wont recognize it. then it will switch back to blank screen and so on. it also seems to shut off for a second before it goes to the apple logo. i dont know what to do, and i really dont wanna restore this! i have months of work saved on here and i dont wanna lose it all!! please help!
  2. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Okay don't go restoring it just yet. If you can get into the WiFi, SSH into it and delete the app, although this might not help. If not, just back up all you can.

If you can't reach SSH, use TotalCommander. You also have to download the T-pot plugin (google it). There should be a tutorial around here somewhere.

Also, have you tried force resarting? Hold the home and sleep/wake buttons until it shuts off and returns to the Apple logo, then LET GO OF BOTH!

Report back with results.
  3. Gman4354

Gman4354 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    turn your ipod off by holding the sleep + home buttons together until the ipod turns off now get your ipod usb cord ready i one hand and in the other take your ipod and hold down the home button then plug in your usb cord in but don't let go of the home button now wait until you see the itunes logo with a usb cord and restore your ipod using itunes and rejaibreak

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. SvOak18

SvOak18 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok i got totalcommander and tpot but now what?
  5. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Try deleting the last few things you Installed (starting with BiteSMS) and then force restart. If it still doens't work, just back up a lot of your /Library and /Media. Don't bother backing up apps; you can reinstall those in Installer.

Also, if you have a lot of music from other computers, you can copy your Music from the /Media/Itunes_Control (or something like that) to your computer and add that folder to your iTunes library later.
  6. SvOak18

SvOak18 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so i got totalcommander set up and i opened tpot with my ipod connected, and its at the blank screen not the apple logo (itunes recognizes it), so i opened the tpot thing and all i see is the back arrows thing
  7. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    In the cycle, it will constantly connect and disconnect from the computer. This is because it has to load the USB drivers. You might have to time it correctly to be able to use TotalCommander (a few seconds after the Apple logo appears). Verbose mode adds a visual demonstration of this.

If this is not possible, looks like you might have to restore. I once had over 211 apps and music from several different computers on my iPod, completely tricked out with Customize (Danimator's). But after months of this, it randomly reset itself and went into restore mode. I switched to 1.1.4, and I've never been happier.

I know it may seem awful, but after a few days, restoring your iPod won't seem so much of a regret but more of a faster solution to your problem.

Keep in mind though, I'm only one person. There always seem to be those people that have had the same problem and have developed their own solution. So proceed with caution.
  8. SvOak18

SvOak18 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i dont wanna restore if possible i got totalcommander to work but i dont know what to delete or what to open. i only see a few of my apps too, and dont see library or media or anything i can take a screenie if you want
  9. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    didnt you read his post?he said he had months of work ok it he Dos Not want to restore.