Streaming video through wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nicksaballa, Oct 16, 2007.

1. nicksaballa

nicksaballa New Member

Well, i just so happen to have my own ftp webspace which allows me to upload movies and then stream them to my ipod. since im in college with high speed wifi virtually everywhere, this means my 16 GB touch just got soo much more room. I now can store all my video files on the internet and then when i want to watch something just go stream it. Im posting this because im not very confident with *******ing and such so if somebody wants to send me their films in mp4 format, i can upload them and you can use my website as well as i get to have access to the movies as well. this saves alot of space, because i would hope to build up a collection of movies on much much much larger than 16 gb. Right now i only have 30 or so videos i downloaded off youtube, some personal video clips, and one movie (knocked up).

Try it out, go to Http://underdogg.jumptactics.info/ipodvideos on your ipod

Let me know if you guys think this is a good idea, or if you know of a site which is already like this (where you can stream full movies to ur ipod for free)

Also let me know if this is against any rules
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I think this is a fun idea, but I'm almost positive it is against the rules (law).

edit: Works great by the way, but once you have a bunch of people accessing it, won't your server get bogged down?

edit #2: Dude... is that you taking that video of the drunk squirrel? Did the squirrel survive? He looks pretty drunk....
  3. nicksaballa

nicksaballa New Member

its not mine, its was given to me by a friend who said that he had an amazing deal on the bandwidth and that its basically unlimited. I dont intend to leave it open to the whole world, prolly make a password protected folder which is accessible to people who contribute.

Just an idea. Its so simple im surprised there isnt already something like this which a much larger archive.
  4. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I don't think any of those videos were copyrighted, if it were illegal then it would be illegal to use youtube because it's the same thing plus thats where he got the vids from
  5. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Ya, I noticed you don't have "Knocked Up" on there. That's what I was reffering to when I said against the law.
  6. nicksaballa

nicksaballa New Member

i want to use it for the full movies tho.... would it be illegal if i just used it to store the movies but didnt distribute...??? i wish there was a site like seeqpod but for movies
  7. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

yeah I am surprise they don't have videos on Seeqpod that would be awesome
  8. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

I actually didn't know the iPod Touch could do streaming. How cool is that?

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Rawd

Rawd New Member

well, Im in for helping you with this.. I'll donate some movies.. But this has to be a hush hush kinda thing.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Penguin

Penguin New Member

Yeah since it has wifi and stuffs it can

I've also been using a program called signal for my mac that allows me to control my itunes from my ipod that works great