Streaming music player?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Eztli, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Eztli

Eztli New Member

Hey,

Is there any way to play streaming music (e.g. http://di.fm and http://somafm.com/) on my iTouch? This would make my iTouch ridiculously awesome.

Anybody know?
  2. iceman58796

iceman58796 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  3. chrischris292

chrischris292 New Member

4. e30vert

e30vert New Member

Streaming Music from SomaFM. How to

Here is the answer to your question as to how one can stream internet radio from SOMAFM.COM. Groove Salad playlist specifically.

First - Install iRadio (its part of the stadandard sources)

Second Launch iRadio

Third Click on the Tuner icon at the bottom. You will see a large scrollable list of internet radio genre sources. Find the one named AMBIENT and click upon that genre.

Fourth - Click on the listing that says Groove Salad 128 (for 128 bit stream)
    The Groove Salad internet radio source will start playing after a few seconds, but at extremely low volume level. Since the "player" for iRadio is non existant (when you click on the player icon there isnt one) what you have to do is exit out by pressing the home button and then pressing the Music icon as if to play an MP3 file from the player.

Fifth - Select an .mp3 music file and play it. Select the volume using the slider that is presented. Then press the Pause selection. This will pause the .mp3 file playback and allow the iRadio volume level to be increased or decreased. Its a kind of klugey method, but I have tested it and it does work.

Also , for those who care, if one wants to add thier own internet radio station to the list of stations within the iRadio application then I have seen that quite a few people have requested them by visiting the makers of iRadio's website www.subband.com and posting in the General Forum.

Hope this is helpful to some asI had to find out this method pretty much by searching and "trial and error".
  5. suicidefury

suicidefury New Member

lol the volume can be set while you are in iRadio app, just double-press your home button and WEHEY there you have the volume bar...enjoy

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. keft

keft Member

I belive you can stream Last.fm's radio in MobileScrobler.app
  7. e30vert

e30vert New Member

Good call! But when I tried that method with SOMA FM's groove salad the volume was very low even when increasing the volume slider to the max amount. I had to launch the Music Player and then launch a song and then play that song with the stream running. As soon as I did the VOLUME Leapt up to full so I just paused and closed the song playing and lef the stream running. Its a "Work Around"... Thanks for the tip!