Streaming media from your computer to the Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alexpb, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I wouldn't expect a modification like this anytime soon. But i was just curious if many could see this ability in the future.

Sort of like how a modded XBOX can stream media from your comptuer via a SMB share and an ethernet cable, do you think in time, as more modifications come out, that the touch would have this same ability through the Wifi?

I know many times im just chillin at home in bed or on the couch and would feel like watching a movie or listening to music I have on my computer (yes i know you can store these directly on your Touch, but there is size limitations of course to how much media can be stored).

Was just curious.

I apologize if this has been asked before, I've been looking at getting a Touch for a while now and a feature like this would just be amazing to me. I also know that it's still early in the iPod Touches life, so i wouldnt expect there to be this ability anytime soon...i just meant down the line, in a year or two.

Thanks

Thanks
  2. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

I've installed Tversity (a free download) on my PC and told it where my music files are. I have wireless networking in my house, so no matter where (within range) I am I can open Safari on my iPod Touch, enter that PC's IP address followed by the port Tversity uses, and can find a listed to all that music easily.

I mention this pursuit a few times in my blog:
    www.4dthinker.blogspot.com

Look for my November 15 post.

4D
  3. Steve Q

Steve Q New Member

Try Orb http://www.orb.com.

I am using it for audio, radio, and photos, It will also work with video.

Steve
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

You can do this. There are dot.tunes, itunesrss, orb, and a bunch of others. I personally use orb with my wii.
  5. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sweet thanks guys.