Streaming audio from PC to ipod touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by prabhjassal, Oct 28, 2009.

1. prabhjassal

prabhjassal New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,

I have an ipod touch 32gb and a sony hifi which has an ipod dock but doesnot have an aux port so i cant connect it through my laptop. so, i was wondering if there's some app available which i can use to stream music to my ipod touch from my pc through wifi. it could be like some software running on my system which streams all audio currently being played. i have founf one app which i am currently using which is airfoil but you can use it for just 10 minutes plus it has slight lag. after 10 minutes, it add noise to the stream and to remove that you have to buy it for 25$. could anybody suggest another alternative to do it. i was also thinking of using FM transmitter, could anybody comment how the quality is going to be with with FM.
  2. batesjm

batesjm Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I use orb live, I paid for the full version so i cant tell you what the limitations of the free version are. And the FM transmitters are sort of iffy. im on my 3rd one right now in my jeep and this one has a 30ft range with great sound quality, i have others that are sh*t at five feet.
  3. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You can get Remote by Apple Inc. in the AppStore. It controls iTunes.
  4. prabhjassal

prabhjassal New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i am sorry i think i wasn't able to clearly mention what i want. I want to use my ipod touch as a wireless speaker. i want the audio being currently played on desktop to be wirelessly transmitted to my ipod touch. i have a stereo system with ipod dock but no audio in port. so i want to dosk my ipod then stream music from my notebook to ipod.

and orb live will not work for me becuase i want like if i am watching a movie, i can still see it on my screen but the audio should be routed to ipod
  5. dizern

dizern New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I use AudioIn. Pretty happy with it.
  6. latino77

latino77 New Member

7. lilsleepy59

lilsleepy59 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I know exactly what you need. Just use audioin. You can also try out "audioinfree" to see if you like it