Stream Webcam to your iPod Touch? Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Mortenmoulder, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Mortenmoulder

Mortenmoulder New Member

Hi there.
    I was thinking about some "Webcam Live Streaming" application. Is there any? Would like to try one of those, since I probably can stream my Webcam easy.
    Any thoughts?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Going dinner now, so you can just write and I'll come back and see.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Regards,
    Morten
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I've tried to do this with a networked webcam in the Safari browser and it didn't work out. That's not to say it's impossible, though.
  3. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    would probably stop and start a lot/lag.

EDIT: good idea though.
  4. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I have webcam free "web app".

Western Washington State College has a streaming web cam. I have to do a refresh, by touching the display, but it works. The "watermark" is supposed to be removed, if subscribed. I suppose this means the paid "web app".

Anyway, it works. I can see the fountain spraying up, people walk and sometimes a vehicle.

Maybe you could list your webcam?

Orb Live is suposed to work with a web cam. The system requirements are limited. I cannot vouch for Orb Live. There are people who will say it is superb amd other superlatives. It's just that "support" and the "forum" is weak on facts, and I got ridicule when I asked for particulars. Maybe it would have your answer. However it is designed to stream cable tv from your always-on pc. If it works, I don't see why it couldn't stream a web cam.

Webcam or Icam "web apps" may already have what you are looking for.

The Orb Live setup required broadband and a faster-type pc "server" and it is supposed to work properly on Touch 2G WiFI. I can report the demo ran fine through on Family Guy movie. It never worked properly again. The person who shared the demo said it was too many people using the demo. He claimed his feed was great, because of special settings he put in his router so his iPod would get preference. However, he wouldn't tell the details.

I decided I would not spend more, on Orb.

I am mentioning all this because there may be some information you can make work for you.