Stream Touch to home stereo?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by weaksauce, Nov 9, 2007.

1. weaksauce

weaksauce New Member

Hi all, I have a somwhat awkward question: are there any third party products that allow me to stream my Touch via wifi to a home stereo, thus using the Touch as a fancy remote? I'm envisioning a module that would get plugged into my stereo to grab the wifi transmission.

I may be asking for too much here, but I really want to be able to use the Touch to browse music but listen to it on my stereo, and not have it limited by a cable connection.

Thanks!
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

With this program, you control your i-Tunes off of your computer with your ipod. It uses the library on your pc, and you would have to wire your computer to your stereo.

http://www.playerpal.com/

There is another one called "signal". This is the one I use. Sorry, can't find the link.

I know this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but ths is my workaround for now

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. monaural

monaural New Member

there also Bluetooth audio senders. Not sure In audio quality.
  4. hourog

hourog New Member

I don't know if posting this link is allowed, if not I apologize, but it does not contain any proprietary information:

http://www.ilounge.com/

This site has all kinds of gadgets and accessories listed for iPods of all types.

Hope this helps.
  5. jasonweaver

jasonweaver New Member

There is no blue tooth on the touch
  6. monaural

monaural New Member

I was refering to ones that hooked up to the dock connector.
  7. Mouse212

Mouse212 New Member

Yoi'll meed an apple airport express module to connect your home stereo to, which will allow itunes to see the stereo. These are available from apple (£65) and ebay (£35). Then you'll need an app like the one above to control iTunes which will be streaming to your stereo. Some apps are better than others, for example some let you switch between the wifi connected speakers you have. Doing it this way is obviously better for the battery than streaming straight from your touch, but require you to have a wifi enabled PC.

Alternatively, go check the logitec website and under the wireless audio section, there us a product called something like "home DJ system". This has a gorgeous remote with screen and does not require wifi, but is a bit more expensive than just an airport express.