stream from pc to ipod

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by LoneZodiac, Feb 19, 2008.

1. LoneZodiac

LoneZodiac New Member

can someone make this app please.. Everyone will love you for it especially since alot of people wont need the 32gb if its made i understand that there already are a few ways to go about this but no true app has been made already obviously one that works within your wifi network at home
  2. dranktherest

dranktherest New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is possible with the program iPhone Remote, but the website says it requires OS X 10.4. I'm sure that there there is a windows way to achieve the same effect.

iPhone Remote, thought, is a great program that can be used for much more than just streaming media. You can use it to access and manipulate your computer. And it doesn't require a jailbroken iPhone/iPod because all of the work is done on the Mac instead. Definitely a recommended program.
  3. XyracX

XyracX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah , a tool like that would be awesome.There was a tool like that for the PSP.Called Pimp Stream or somethink like that.That tool also support PS3 and you can watch every video on your PSP throuh WIFI doesnt matter if avi,mpeg or wmv.YOu dont have to convert them.
  4. diyunai

diyunai New Member

U mean vnc access? I know u can manipulate your computer remotely installing on your iTouch VNSea and on your pc RealVNC, UltraVnc or similar
  5. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you can do this manually aswel, set up an apache server with php on your pc (xampp) and then put some videos into the htdocs folder (make sure their m4v or mp4 so they can be played using quicktime) and then forward the port if behind a router, and then type in the IP address into safari on your iPod and click play

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Madnebular

Madnebular New Member

and how about someone could make a portation of the VLC-Media Player to the iPoT? On The VLC-Website it says that VLC supports BSD as OS, so I thought that it couldn't be so difficult to bring it to iPoT, since it has the BSD Subsystem...
    Like that I could listen to all of my music and watch movies remotely, and that would be just great...
  7. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i always stream movies to my ipod. like welshboy said, all you need is apache installed on your pc. just have the documentroot set at your media folder and then you can get to your files in safari:

192.168.1.110:80/movie.mp4 for example

or you could make an index.php file that lists the media in the directory and have a nice interface etc.

streaming to your ipod is dependent on your pc-side, not the ipod.