Stream audio fom pc to ipod touch

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by willj12, Mar 27, 2009.

1. willj12

willj12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a Bose SoundDock (the old one) and since it doesn't have a aux input, is there an app free or paid or on cydia that will allow me to stream all audio from my pc to my ipod?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    OrbLive, SimplifyMedia
  3. willj12

willj12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, but they aren't what I'm lloking for, what I would like is for my computer to see my ipod as a speaker so it sends all audio to it eg. if I'm watching something on youtube the audio will be sent to my ipod thus playing out of the sounddock.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Not sure why in the world you would do that but good luck.
  5. willj12

willj12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well I only have the crappy on bored speakers in my laptop and I was given a Bose SoundDock by my dad since he never used it but the first Bose SoundDock doesn't have a aux input, only the ipod dock connector, but I would still like my sound to come out of better speakers thus streaming to the ipod and sound comes out the SoundDock.
  6. davebarrie

davebarrie New Member

i've not heard of any app fitting that criteria, but it would be quite fantastic! i doubt that this is very plausible, considering the quality of other stream-from-comp applications, the lag time would make such an app unusable. i don't see why there couldn't be a cable converter though(not that i've ever heard of one)...
  7. willj12

willj12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well there is a cable to do it http://cablejive.com/sounddockcable.html but that costs £28 + £5.60 postage + £4.20 import TAX + £8 import TAX handeling fee, so in total £45.80 ($65.50) for a cable that probably costs 10p to make.