Strange, Won't Turn On But Recognized. Help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Flixz, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Flixz

Flixz Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    My jailbroken ipod 2g won't turn on at all. I tried connecting it to a wall charger for 15min and nothing. Connected it to my Mac OS 10.4.11 and Itunes 8.1 recognized it and syncs, no problem there. Normally when I charge the ipod it warms up but it's not warm at all. It's been charging on my computer for 1hour and still won't turn on.

It's never been dropped, no issues other than I noticed just before this happened I was having sleep issues that would happen randomly now it just seems like this sleep is permanent. Any ideas? Is this what you call bricked?
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

How can it sync if it won't turn on?
    And bricking is virtually impossible.

Try DFU restore.
  3. cjori

cjori New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, no restore, no need to.
    Just press on home button + power button for 10 seconds and connect it to your computer, you should be booting fine now.
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Obviously there's something wrong with the iPod, you maybe be able to boot but the problem could come back.
  5. Flixz

Flixz Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks for the replies. Tried connecting just now to the wall charger instead of the computer at first...came on for a brief second then went out again plugged it out again then it turned on.

Seems fine at the moment. Maybe it really needed charging but why did it not turn on but was recognized by iTunes? Are there any issues with sleep? What am I doing wrong?
  6. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Happened to me twice since I jailbroke. Turns out that the iPod isn't "sending signals" to the screen. Just do a hard reboot. Problem solved.
  7. Flixz

Flixz Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanx Ipwnnubletz. I thought about it and realized I have never really turned off my ipod since I got it...maybe twice. I would just put it in sleep mode and sometimes I would not completely exit out of an app before putting it to sleep.

Also figured the battery could not be dead or it would not be able to sync to itunes and still hear sound when it when I connected the usb cable so it must have stayed in sleep mode somehow.

I realized after deleting and installing apps or using Winterboard etc it's probably a good idea to restart the ipod. Seems to be running better now that I turn it off completely when not in use.