iOS 4.1 strange wifi problem?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Stemoy, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So at my school we have a WPA? (<-not for sure ATM) network and I just recently figured out our student username/password combos to make it work. it accepts the combo and goes to a screen where I hit accept on this thing, I can't remember what it was, it was just telling me I was logging onto like a server. But my internet works fine-the first time. Once I get onto a different network or try to reconnect it gets retarded and rarely lets me back on. I don't know what to do to fix this issue. And I've tried it on different iPods and Phones with jailbroken and non-jailbroken statuses.
    So any ideas, at all?
    And, for proxying my phone with a VPN? or something worthwhile, any links to help there? Google didn't help much directly. And I don't wanna use a proxy site because I want to use apps like facebook and stuff.
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    You'll have to deal with this with your schools IT department. Without further information about the network (stuff you're restricted to; inner workings) we really can't help you.
  3. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Try to make your iPod forget the network.
  4. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    You got your access restricted...
  5. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    My access isn't being restricted, I can log on with my account on anyone's device-ONCE, then it's retarded. Idk, I've made it forget the network plenty of times and our school people aren't smart enough to block us out or anything.
  6. samethernet

samethernet Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    if its like our school where the security is wpa2-enterprise, it may show a username and password box but the real truth is that its a 802.1x personal ID certificate and root certificate required for log on.
  7. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    "forget this network" option should do the trick, then just reconnect
  8. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I've been trying that. Maybe it needs a reboot inbetween?
  9. thechicken

thechicken Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    My school needs a manual proxy of mac-proxy and 8080 for some reason
  10. Is it a login page that pops up? (Looks like a web page).

If so they are using a "hotspot style" login, those things get messed up easily, especially if IT doesn't implement them properly. If you cannot log in more than once, its a router side issue. What I'd suggest is writing, recording, or taking a screenshot of your IP info when you successfully get on, then try using that the next time you connect as a static ip (instead of DHCP). This may not work, if it doesn't ask your tech support at the school. They aren't locking you out. It sounds like an error to me.