Strange status bar crashing problem :S

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by technov2, Mar 17, 2008.

1. technov2

technov2 New Member

Ok so this is my problem, something is messing with the status bar. If I tap it a few times the ipod freezes and causes me to do a hard reset to get it going again.. I've got various things installed from Customise to status style app, tried removing status style and still the same..

Especially bad when using the touch pad on vnsea, accidentally catch it an kablamo, ipod frozen..

Any ideas? Only thing i can think that i've got different since my previous jailbreak is the Wifi signal bar, i had it so it displayed numbers. Maybe because this software is missing its causing it to crash? Because when you tapped it before it'd change to numbers instead of the 3 bars type thing. The same with my battery icon, i tap that and it'll change to numbers instead of the battery image.. Now the battery numbers remained after I completely wiped my ipod and rejailbreaked.. Strange :S

Any help is greatly appreciated! Dont want to have to jailbreak all over again

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. technov2

technov2 New Member

things get even stranger, it seems that when it crashes it isnt completely frozen just that no buttons or the touch screen work :s and another thing, it doesnt so it on the homescreen, I could tap all day and it won't crash but soon as I enter any app and catch the status bar it freezes!!

Its got me really baffled, tried uninstalling and reinstalling certain things and nadda.. Could anybody send me the default files for the status bar so I could try that? Thanks for reading
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Don't double post. The problem is most likely that something you have installed is conflicting with an Advances/Extended Preferences mod.
  4. technov2

technov2 New Member

Thats the strange thing, I only installed advanced preferences after the problem had begun, kinda to try and fix it. And I wasnt trying to double post. Just updating with new info I'd found