Strange recovery screen? or just new in 2.2 firmware?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by m33k, Jan 6, 2009.

1. m33k

m33k New Member

I started an app for the first time and a dialogue came up suggesting to restart the phone by holding the power and home buttons.

After doing this I'm now stuck in the screen with the connect to itunes logo. However, it also shows my battery icon. And i can toggle it between numeric and graphical. Isn't this strange?? or is it just new in the 2.2 FW?

Please Register or Log in to view images

I tried holding the power+home buttons, releasing the power when the apple logo came up, and releasing the home button 5 seconds later, but with no luck. It goes right back to the connect to itunes logo.

Any answers/suggestions?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I actually think the dialogue that popped up once the app loaded came from the SBSettings app in Cydia.

I noticed earlier (while my phone was stuck in recovery mode) that when I held the power button while in this strange connect-to-itunes + battery-icon-on state it went to the "slide to power off" screen. At this screen it showed the top bar with "iPod" and the time and the battery.

After trying many times to get it out of recovery mode, I held the power button for a bit, which brought up the "slide to power off" screen and I noticed instead of the time showing on the top bar, it said "enter lock state". I pressed on this and it brought up a dialogue saying there was some kind of error and that the springboard crashed and it gave me the options "ok", "restart", or "cancel". I pressed "restart" and now I'm back to square one.

wtf?

Anyone else have problems with SBSettings?

2. jackiy

jackiy New Member

same thing happened to me, and even more strangely, when i tried to enter recovery mode (don't know why i attempted it

) it came up with a regular recovery screen (without the time, battery etc) and when i exited recovery it went back to the weird recovery screen WTF??!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    and when i connected my ipod touch to the computer when it was displaying the weird recovery screen, itunes came up with an error dialogue box saying something about failure to connect to my ipod because of passcode lock and that i need to disable the lock WTH?? weird
  3. m33k

m33k New Member

Ya, that's all exactly how mine was.

To fix it, I had to put it into DFA mode, restore the default 2.2 FW via itunes, restore from backup (which brought back small things like my mail settings), then re-jailbreak and re-sync all 25GB of music and apps I had on there.

Oh well... I'm gonna keep the amount of packages I install to a minimum this time.

I'm still not sure where the problem came from, though.. I had auto-lock and a lock password set, so maybe that screwed with some app. If yours is still in this state, just do what I wrote above.

4. jackiy

jackiy New Member

ok... that fixed it

although i don't think the problem has anything to do with the number of packages since i only installed i think 9 apps
  5. m33k

m33k New Member

Not that the number of packages installed matters, it just gets hard to narrow down where a problem like we both had came from when you have lots of cydia packages installed.

What 9 apps did you have installed? The only one I installed recently (and soon before my iPoT crashed) was SBSettings. I have it installed now though, with no problems. (knock on wood)
  6. MJeto7

MJeto7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Screenshot? picture?
  7. m33k

m33k New Member

Nah, I didn't take a pic of it... The problem is resolved though, as I posted earlier. I'm just trying now to narrow down the reason/source of the problem, cuz it was a pain.
  8. jackiy

jackiy New Member

Let's see... Flashlight, dTunes, Winterboard, Extended Prefs, the app which switches the music and video icons into an iPod icon, AptBackup, Terminal, AppBackup, SBSettings

Yeh, I think SBSettings is the problem. I also used to have Customize installed but recently it started crashing.