Strange problem.

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by jimbeam, Jul 14, 2008.

1. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    This weekend I was watching TV when I heard the fan kick on on my mac and I heard it speeding up getting louder. I thought thats odd so I figured I would check it out. Looked around made sure nothing was running that shouldn't be and there was not. So I figured since I'm on I might as well see whats going on in interspace. Thats when I noticed my computer was running sluggish so I checked again to see if there was something running in the background that shouldn't be and everything looked good.

Thats when I noticed my memory was going nuts! up and down from 600mb free to 6mb lower and higher just all over the place! It was crazy?

Then I noticed my HD space was verry quickly vanishing! it went from about 7gb down to just a few MB in a mater of minutes!! I checked the background processes to find what was going on and there was nothing out of the ordinary. I was very confused.

Then I thought someone might have gotten in on my network so I checked. Nothing going in or out through WIFI or Ethernet. now I'm just stumped.

After about an hour of doing everything I could think of to save my MAC it all just stopped!! My HD was down to its very last MB and my memory was down to about 2 or 3 MB! Then it all just slowly climbed back up to were it should have been.

After about an hour my HD was back to 7GB and my memory was running normal!! WTF was that all about? I never seen anything like this before. It was crazy and for no apparent reason! There were no out of the ordinary process going on that I could find and nothing going in or out on my network at all.

Has anyone herd of this before or have any idea what it could have been?