Strange Problem - Random Periods of Unresponsiveness

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheOriginalPol, May 21, 2008.

1. TheOriginalPol

TheOriginalPol New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Yes, this is a very strange problem, just like the title says.

I'm packing a 1.1.2 jailbroken 16GB that I recently had to crack open to replace the screen. Ever since then (and it might just be coincidence), I have had a strange problem where occasionally the thing will suddenly stop responding to my touch. Sometimes it only lasts for a few seconds, but usually it gets stubborn and won't do anything until I'm forced to hard reboot it. It usually happens when I open any given application (none in particular).

The strange part is that it still is working - it's not like it completely freezes. For example, once it did it in the middle of installing a package, and though I couldn't do anything, the package just kept right on installing. The screen will even go dim after 30 seconds of "inactivity", and it will still go to sleep after 5 minutes of "being idol".

The other strange part is that it's not just the touch screen that stops working - otherwise I'd blame it on a defective part - but the home and power button give out as well. It's as if a little man inside simply pulled the plugs on all the interface buttons. However, though I can't hold the power button for a soft reboot ("slide to power off"), I can hold both down for a hard (and painful) one.

I usually have to go through this whole process about 5-10 times a day.

Has anyone else ever had/seen/heard of this problem?
  2. TheOriginalPol

TheOriginalPol New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)