strange problem after upgrading to (jailbroken) 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by furso, Jul 1, 2009.

1. furso

furso New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi everyone,
    Had a weird issue with the itunes app (the one on the ipod itself) after upgrading to 3.0. The app loads fine but for some reason the lists of downloadable content on itunes will not load (e.g podcasts, movies, etc) they are replaced with a grey strip (please see attached screenshot). Also, when attempting to enter itunes from another app (eg, selecting 'get more episodes' from the podcast menu in the music app) itunes loads for a moment, then crashes before it can display the list of podcasts. Any ideas on how to fix this?, I had a quick look around the forums and it doesn't seem to be a common problem.

Thanks for anyone's help

Attached Files:

2. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Please, search. I just answered this not too long ago.

... You are jailbroken I would assume.
    Update MobileSubstrate in Cydia.
  3. furso

furso New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah i tried to update it, but I keep getting 'duplicate value for user-defined field 'name'' (error 2). When trying to install with Icy, i got a similar error.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    wait scratch that, problem solved, icy was conflicting, re jailbroke without icy, then updated cydia and mobile substrate, and now all is well. thanks for the help.
  4. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    after the cydia update.. you can install ICY through cydia - works fine one mine