Strange (new) problem!!! Need help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by derKenny, Apr 14, 2008.

1. derKenny

derKenny New Member

Today i made it 4-5times, firmware 1.1.4 + jailbreak by itouchable.de (use this cause the ony by ipodtouchmaster was i think an earlier version, have this BSD root: md0 major 2, minor 0 problem, but the newer version workd

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

So after a time of installing appz my iPod going crazy lol

Porblem:
    The Screen went to the major screen with safari etc. pp. and a box opened (in english... i am german and have a german ipod) "Edit Home Screen" + description! (The Description opened when u install the 1.1.4 appz which u can also buy)!
    In the background of this box there is the loading circle screen (like when u install an app and go out of the installer app), after 8sec u see a apple logo first great then small, then u have again the normal screen with the information box!
    And this happend and happend all time again! I cant turn my ipod off cause when the apple logo comes for 2 sec max. it went back to the standart screen with safari, youtube etc. pp.!

The only thing i can do is to restore my ipod and jailbreak it again and again, but i have this problem 3 times yet, does anybody knows a solution or knows the reason why this happen?

My iPod 1.1.4 jailbreak 16Gb

Thanks for serious help in advance
    if somebody have more questions i try to answer them

2. Ruisu

Ruisu New Member

Try a different firmware such as 1.1.3 which isn't much different to 1.14 and see if you still get the same error but if you do still want to use 1.1.4 try different methods of jailbreaking it.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    PM me an email and I will give you a simple fix and restore method.
  4. derKenny

derKenny New Member

Ah... i know when this bug happend:

I Use SSHClient and changed my SSH PW from alpine to anther (with passwd command).
    After that i restart my iPod and know i have this bug again!
    Dont know if any other have the same problem, u can try it and maybe u will see what a prolem i have!
    Thought u cant use the passwd command on 1.1.3 but also NOT on 1.1.4

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
    DONT USE SSH COMMAND PASSWD, BREAKS THE OS!!!
    TOPIC CAN BE CLOSED, TY ALL ESPECIALLY hiflyer