Strange issues with OpenSSH

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by themerceny, May 17, 2008.

1. themerceny

themerceny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey guys i have been having some strange problems trying to ssh into my ipod. i have been able to do it fine but i think something might have messed the ipod up.

i cant ssh into my ipod. i get this error message "Server unexpectedly closed network connection."

I have a router and use the ip address that my ipod displays when i connect to my router. Safari works on my itouch. i have a jb 1.1.4. I do notice that when i go to BossPref (v1.67) i notice i can turn on SSH but after pressing the home button and going back into BossPref i notice the SSH is in the off position.

I recently installed and uninstalled SkrewCommon 1.31, vWallpaper 0.8, and Installer Fix (3.1). Not sure if any of these have caused my problem. Currently i have them all uninstalled.

Also tried to reinstall OpenSSH but that didnt work.

I want to know if anyone else is having this problem or have a solution.
  2. cowjames

cowjames New Member

Im not sure if its 100% related but i can no longer shh my ipod since Ive installed installer fix 3.1.
  3. Brasht

Brasht New Member

i also am having the same problem as you i first noticed yesterday when i whent to trrow an e-book on my ipod and it came up with that message. i have also installed the 3.1 fix for installer
    i have a 16gb jailbroken ipod touch with 1.1.4
  4. cowjames

cowjames New Member

So it must be the installer fix? Even though I have uninstalled it now. Also some o my apps no longer work!
  5. eca

eca New Member

I have exactly the same problem. I have an iPod Touch 16Gb JB with 1.1.4 and the installer 3.1 fix. I've tried with Services app and BossPrefs app, but none of them makes it work. I guess it's not a problem of those apps...
    Anybody has an idea of how to fix this or a workaround?
    Thanks in advance
  6. cowjames

cowjames New Member

Has anyone got any ideas for this problem yet?
  7. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    im having the same problem
  8. Bald

Bald New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It seems we are all having the same prob after installing installer 3.1 fix..ssh was working perfectly. i installed "services" app to be able to turn and off ssh, incase it.s somehow kept closed but it didn.t help. any idea?
  9. wamoinc

wamoinc Member

same issue here and I too have installed the installer fix. I had installed the installer fix when i just had installer 3.1 and ssh worked, now that I did a new jailbreak and am using installer 3.11 and the fix is for 3.1 I am haing the SSh problem. I don't know if it is related but I am having issues with vTerm also.
  10. cowjames

cowjames New Member

Just to let you know Ive now fixed the problem for me, thanks to someone else on another forum...

1) Install PureFTPD
    2) Install BossPrefs
    3) Install BossPrefs PureFTP Control
    4) Set auto-lock to NEVER
    5) Open BossPrefs, enable wifi, enable PureFTP
    6) STAY IN THIS SCREEN!!!
    7) Open FTP application (FlashFXP for instance), login with iPhone ip adress (user=root, pass=alpine)
    8) Rename or remove /usr/lib/libarmfp.dylib
    9) Copy old libarmfp.dylib to /usr/lib

ok for me until 8)
    but when I use the ftp client I only symbolic links to libraries that I don't see (among them the famous libarmfp.dylib)

what I have done from7) is

8) rename symbolic link /usr/lib/libarmfp.dylib and copy inside that folder the library libarmfp.dylib that I have found here:
    http://apps.iphonexe.com/24940.zip