Strange Ipod Touch Error- PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Azumangaman, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Azumangaman

Azumangaman New Member

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum, but pre-ordered the Ipod Touch and have had it since release. I recently decided to Jailbreak (so I could use it with Ubuntu, the OS I just switched to). The process worked fine.

I then downloaded the January Extra Apps from Installer (I had already payed $20 at a previous time but just lost them through the restoring). I decided to also download a "mail password fix" from what I believe was the same source.

Since I downloaded it, my Ipod has been destroyed. I cannot access anything because every couple of seconds a message refreshes on my ipod screen:

"EDIT HOME SCREEN"-Its the same message people get when the install the January Apps.

I can NOT force restore my Touch, my computer does not read it and I can NOT use ANYTHING on it.

I'd really appreciate if you guys could help me out here. If I'm in the wrong spot if a mod could move it I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Azumangaman
  2. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ubuntu ( and all other forms of linux) are currently incompatible with the iPod Touch/iPhone if you really like Ubuntu dual boot it with XP or Vista or OS X otherwise you wont be able to use it-- as the best windows apps emulator for ubuntu only supports iTunes like 5 or 6 which have no support for the iPod Touch or iPhone
  3. silverdragon89

silverdragon89 New Member

ya just double run your OS with xp or OSX
  4. Azumangaman

Azumangaman New Member

I appreciate the advice, but Ubuntu works with an Ipod Touch very well when jailbroken.

Not with ITunes, but with other programs.

Can anybody help me with this problem? It seems irreversible.