Straight up. Jailbroked or no Jailbroked.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DarthVader1432, Jan 13, 2009.

?

Pick one.

1. Yes, I am Jailbroken

29 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. No, I am not Jailbroken nor do I want to be

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. I have a 2g ipod touch and am waiting for jailbrake

38 vote(s)
    50.7%
  1. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    simple. answer the question.

there was not another poll like this as far as I searched for so hopefully this turns out to be an epic poll that gets stickied.

come on guy lets keep this poll going for a while
    first goal: 3 days
  2. parklaneyido

parklaneyido New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a 2G, and do not want to jailbreak it.
  3. tat.zizzy

tat.zizzy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i hav a 2g and WANT TO JAILBREAK IT!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i think a lot of the do i/dont i jail break also lies in the person's age, ipod usage and general 'anorak' or 'spanner' status. i suspect the younger you are the more 'into it' you are.

i've voted no, but i've been jail broken up until recently for several months. personally for me i just cant be arsed. i dont use my ipod in depth too much, couldn't give a toss about downloading every app under the sun and find it more use'able and enjoyable when it wasn't JB'd. Un JB'd it's just quicker and easier and less hassle. I dont eat/sleep/breath my Touch.

As mentioned, it's all personal choice. i mean, a rarely use my Touch for music and video even (i havent even got any photos on it). 99% of my use is internet and email and a few game apps.

i've been on Touch forum posts where people cant understand why you wouldn't want to jailbreak and you'd be stupid not to. how restrictive is a non jail broken ipod? this is rubbish coming from spotty teenagers no doubt.

do what you will and enjoy

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. parklaneyido

parklaneyido New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I see what you mean. I'm 21 and use my touch a hell of a lot, for everything! Music, net, games etc. I'm not interesting in jailbreaking at all, purely because I don't want to mess about and hack the original software. I know you can restore it etc, but it just goes against what attracted me to the touch in the first place. Like you, I don't eat, sleep and breathe it either.
  6. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hmmm lol I kinda enjoy hacking my iphone lol. but I understand what you guys are saying. Its just simpler to use regular firmware. I basically am only jailbreaking my iphone for themes so it looks cool, the cycorder app kinda(its cool but i wont miss it that much if i recover),and thats basically it. I use to do emulaors and all that with roms and sh*t but now i could care less becuase they arent that stable and if i want to play a gameboy game that bad. Ill just play my old ds lite.

once apple comes out with themes. Ill quite jailbreaking.
  7. binlabin

binlabin New Member

I too are not jailbroken and haven't yet seen the pro's overweigh the con's. I sure use my iPoT alot and I try to squeeze every possible functionality out of it, within the limits of what the original player can do without jailbreaking. The costs for the applications aren't all that crazy. Sure, I would probably try and test out way more apps if I was to jailbreak but this way I at least don't get all engorged in alot of applications I'm probably not going to use anyway.
  8. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yes but wou dont have themes
  9. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I "jailbroked" for my iPod Touch 1G for mxTube, themes, emulators. On impulse two days ago, I ordered a brand new 2G from Amazon because it was over 25% off the original price... thankfully it appears that a jailbreak will be arriving soon.
  10. xDMONEY814x

xDMONEY814x New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am jailbroken. When I get a device that can be hacked, I hack it. It unlocks so much potential and makes the device so much more flexible. Plus I like the feeling of screwing over the company and feeling good I've made their ALREADY awesome device even more awesome. I have a PSP which is hacked to sh*t obviously. Wish there was a way I could hack my voyager too.

I think I am just really about customization. I hate being restrained to the boring, default themes and skins, especially with PSP, and, now my iPod touch. I even hacked my iPod Video back in the day, ha ha. That was my first hacking experience. I was scared sh*tless.