Stores are SO unhelpful.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chort27, Apr 14, 2008.

1. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, I've been having some problems with my iPod connecting to the computer, about 1/3 of the time I plug it in, it won't connect. I wait a minute and it still doesn't connect, so I have to unplug and replug it in 3 or 4 times before it will connect properly. NO it's not my cord or port, I've tried it and it works fine with other iPods.

I bought my iPod at Systems Plus, because I live in a somewhat small town with no apple store, or Kmart or anything. I brought it into systems plus to ask what could be done. They told me to bring it to an apple store. So I told them the nearest apple store is over 2 hours away, and they told me to call SOS-APPLE and send it in for servicing.
    Now I was about to leave for vacation to visit my grandparents in Florida the next day, so I told them I wanted to have my iPod with me for the trip, so I couldn't send it in. They told me to call apple when I got back.

So I went online. It turns out there are two apple stores near where my grandparents live. I am going to go to one and see what they can do for me - hopefully I can get it fixed or replaced before I have to go home.

HOWEVER, I went into costco today, where there were HUGE signs saying "FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR IPODS, LAPTOPS, AND OTHER ELECTRONICS". So I asked the guy about my iPod and he said "Uh, Maybe It's your Cord" I explained to him how it works with other iPod's and ipod touch's. He said "Maybe it's your connector on your iPod". I told him that's what I figured it was, and asked if there was any way to get it fixed he said: "Bring it to an apple store".

WOW! Even places that offer technical support won't help me. I will bring my iPod to an apple store tonight or tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes. Hopefully they can be more help then the OTHER retailers.

Chort

p.s. Do apple stores sell iPod Touch cases?
    ---------
    THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR WHEN I TALK ABOUT MY TRIP TO THE APPLE STORE
  2. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq New Member

Problems like this are generally hardware issues and the only way to fix it is to replace your iPod Touch or have it go for servicing. If it wasn't working properly you should've been able to return it to that store you bought it from and got a new model? Then again that all depends on warranty and whether or not the store does such exchanges.
  3. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    not really their fault
    this is hardware support and only apple will do it
    also apple stores do carry cases
  4. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hm, yeah. Okay, thanks for the replies. I will try to get to apple store ASAP and see what they say
  5. apple_ipod

apple_ipod Member

HI Chort

I agree with FrozenIpaq. Sounds like a hardware issue if the computer is able to recognise your ipod at times. Did you purchase it recently? If so, best bet is to get it exchanged for a new one from Systems Plus (if possible, depends on Store's refund/exchange policy. Usually 30 days to get a store exchange).

Also, it sounds like you are able to sometimes connect up the ipod. Give the Ipod Store in Fl a try. If it's a hardware, then best bet is to give Apple a call after your trip, and they will tell you to send your ipod to them for repair/swap.
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I would suggest buying a case at amazon because it is much cheaper.
  7. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I went into the apple store today. Turns out I need an appointment to meet with "the genius bar". I made an appointment for tomorrow at 8:40 AM, and I will go back then. I talked to a guy there, and he told me most likely they would just replace it for me, but I should meet with them tomorrow. I will let you guys know how it goes

Please Register or Log in to view images

Oh yeah, I bought a Griffin Reflect. I am waiting to put it on, because if they replace my iPod then I don't want to have to deal with putting on the screen protector again.
  8. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, I had my appointment today.

I went into the store, told the guy my problem, and he took my iPod and went into the back room. About 10 minutes later he came out with a brand new iPod and handed it to me. Thank you apple store

Please Register or Log in to view images

. He took down my personal information, and then let me take it. It looks GREAT with my new griffin reflect.
  9. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yay apple store. At the end of it all they really are nice guys.
  10. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah I agree ! I really love apple <3