Stop Music from starting by default when plugging into Universal Dock

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by andrewandrew, Feb 24, 2009.

1. andrewandrew

andrewandrew New Member

I use my iPod Touch mostly as a podcatcher using Alex Sokirynsky's excellent Podcaster app on my jailbroken 1g running OS 2.2. Which means that I never use the native Music app. Which means that I hate it when I plug the iPod into my universal dock speakers in the kitchen and it quits out of Podcaster and starts up playing the one and only music track on the iPod. Same thing plugging-in to the universal dock cable in my car; it's much worse in my car because every time I turn the car off and on again (at the gas station), it restarts to music player, and if the jack jiggles around it restarts the music player, and if I sneeze it restarts the music player. My workaround has been to use the mini audio jack and just drain the battery, but I was hoping someone would have some advice on a way to disable the default behavior of the iPod Touch when plugged into a Universal Dock; I want the iPod to DO NOTHING.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew
  2. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    restore? i don't know. I have an apple universal dock connected to my tv and stereo and it doesn't open music player when I dock it. All it does it change the volume level and that's it.