Stop Multitask on some apps?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by padfoot07, Sep 5, 2010.

1. padfoot07

padfoot07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi,

I've already done a search but can't seem to find a very clear answer. I'm just wondering if there is a way to stop particular apps from staying open. For example, I might always want Facebook to stay on, while Doodle God or another small game will just collect dust if left on.

Thanks.
    Padfoot
  2. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    u can use backgrounder for that i think. i'm not on 4.0 so not sure if it can be done with plist editing.

in Backgrounder - on global settings. make the apps close upon hitting Home Button
    while on overrides - add the apps that u want to make stay open even when quitting using Home.

if u want a way without Backgrounder, i'm not sure!
  3. rmead96

rmead96 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do that if you have more apps to close than you want to be open but if you want to close only certain apps keep it normal but on overrides change it so it closes on quit.
  4. padfoot07

padfoot07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm not sure if i want backgrounder if multitasking is already on the phone. It seems like a bit of a waste tbh.
  5. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    backgrounder is not to multitask i was suggesting to make apps not multitask by default while u can choose certain apps to multitask. unless u use activator to background apps using backgrounder, ur apps won't background with backgrounder's way. it's either native multitasking or they don't multitask at all. backgrounder only changes how the apps multitask not background them (here)
  6. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    download Backgrounder
    Set preferances
    make it auto detect/native
    make it open with double click
    go to exceptions and add the ones you want to except then select off on them this can turn it off. It will not use any extra space but a small mobilesubstrate.