Stop a rotating wallpaper

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by entgegen, Oct 14, 2008.

1. entgegen

entgegen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello everyone, I have a problem. I have several themes downloaded from Cydia, which like all themes, have their own wallpaper/background. I normally have my own wallpaper on whatever theme I'm using (by selecting "user wallpaper" in Winterboard), but there are 2 themes (BadgeBlue and Reveal Transparent, to be specific) who's backgrounds persist when I have those themes on. Both of those themes have a 2-picture rotating background that seems to override my "user wallpaper", even though it's still selected in Winterboard. Any way to use these themes along with my own wallpaper? Any light that can be thrown on this subject for me would be most appreciated. Thanks!
  2. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hmmm..good question!!

I'm not sure if this will work, but since Winterboard is setup in a hierarchy, try to move "User Wallpaper" above the themes you're trying to apply it to, and by above, I mean on the list (in Winterboard)
  3. entgegen

entgegen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmm...just tried that, but unfortunately it didn't work...
  4. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hmm!!

Well, if you don't want the rotating wallpapers at all, you can SSH into your Theme folder and delete the Wallpaper.png(s), or back them up to be safe. Then you can apply any Wallpaper (from your photos) you want.

That's what I would do.
  5. entgegen

entgegen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    K, figured it out. Gotta delete the Wallpaper.html from the theme's folder, and that does it. Thanks for your help!