Stolen Merchandise

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by deleted account, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Today as I was trolling the forums, not really, I noticed something pecular.

The amount of people who thought it was acceptable to pirate Apple's 2.0 Apps and such.

What I don't think people realize enough is that Apple has to employ a team of engineers and developers to update a firmware and create apps, so the only way for them not to lose substantial amounts of money is to charge people to pay these Apple employees, and also make some for ol' Steeven.

So when you decide your going to steal those January apps and try and get 2.0 and the Appstore for free, remember that Apple is in this business to make money... And if for some reason they don't make money, they might just give up while their ahead, and stop even attempting to make new firmwares that will end up getting pirated by a bunch of pre-pubescant, cheap, and morally inept teenagers.

BTW, the teenager thing was a joke... But you people are still cheap if your robbing from Apple, the guys that are even giving you the chance to upgrade.
  2. Remix

Remix New Member

*cough* F You! *cough* just kidding.

He so dam right...
  3. halo456456

halo456456 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Mhm, I agree. I think 9.95 is acceptable price for 2.0. If people pirate 2.0, Apple doesn't get money, which is bad for Apple and us.
  4. wrestler1256

wrestler1256 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think this guy works for apple lol
  5. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

It is acceptable, yes. People aren't angry that we have to pay that, it's the fact that iPhone users don't have to pay to upgrade and we do. Thats why people are so furious.
  6. Storm Surge

Storm Surge New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Not advocating piracy but I don't think something like this is going to stop apple. It's like saying musicians will stop making music because so many people are downloading it for free.
  7. Remix

Remix New Member

hell yeah
  8. Matt27272

Matt27272 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I've seen a lot of your posts lately and none of them ever seem to contribute anything, and all of them have some sort of vulgarity or inappropriate language in them.

Also, I don't see what the big deal is anyway. It's 10 dollars. I could walk the streets and probably find 10 dollars in a day or two. I'm 17 and get paid almost minimum wage and I don't have a problem at all paying the money. It's a little more than an hour's worth of work.
  9. jniranjan

jniranjan Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    they already make lots of money from selling overpriced macs and apple accesroies( ipod chargers: $35AU, Wireless Keyboards: $100AU), so they should atleast over upgrades for free. Sony offeres psp updates for free....why not apple...... plus, if apple offered free software updates, they would be thought of as less greedy, and more people would appreciate them
  10. PSP updates suck, they only make em to have an excuse and hopefully stop custom firmware.

Apple charges a lot because 1. They pay a lot of money to designers to design those efficient products and 2. They pay a lot of server costs for their online website I bet, and those beautifully designed Apple stores at your mall aren't free to make, and they also pay lots of rent for the location at the hub of my mall.