Stolen iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Olehk8, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Olehk8

Olehk8 New Member

Well, Untill today I didn't do much to prevent my iPod from getting stolen rather than adding a password, then I found the Undercover App and it's Amazing(You should go Check it out, well worth the $4.99 instead of having to buy a new iPod/iPhone)! The downside though is it needs to be manually opened and I can't have a password anymore(or the Stealer or Finder of my iPod can open it), I was wondering if there is anything I can get off of Cydia that lets me track my iPod Touch without having to do it manually, and maybe even when it's at the lock screen (with a password)?
  2. macmac49

macmac49 New Member

I think the reason That people havent Posted yet is because There isnt a GPS Navigating System In the IPOD touch But i think there is in the Iphone Because it Is in your Cellular Network so it can know where it is. If you ask your carrier about it they will probably give you some more Info.

Legal Carriers that sell iphone:
    AT&T

Illegal carriers that dont sell iphone:
    Virgin
    T-mobile
    Verizon

Thanks,
    macmac49
  3. IceRayn

IceRayn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes, there is such an app. It is called FindMyI, and it's a very light load for the iPod to run, but it has some limitations, such as:

The iPod doesn't have GPS, so it uses Wi-Fi location, Example: Pressing the bottom left button in Maps. It doesn't work always for the location, but it works. Set it to send a location reading every 15 minutes. Hopefully, your thief will live in a popular area. Because it is Jailbreak, there is no need to run it.