Stolen iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dbabbs, May 4, 2010.

1. dbabbs

dbabbs New Member

Device:
    iPad
    k so I brought my ipad to school. I left it in an unlocked locker( yeah I know it was a stupid decision) while i went to swimming practice. It ends up being stolen. I have mobile me, but i never got around to actviating it on my iPad. Is there anyway I could activate remotely so I could enable find my iPhone? If not, re there any other ways of finding it or communicating with the theif? ( I already sent an email to myself)

Also, are there anyways, i could find the location of this device through apps. Here is what ive got (i know this may be dumb, but im trying to do anything to get this back):

Attached Files:

2. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Your only hope now is the cooperation of the thief.

Hopes this serves you a lesson. Never leave that kind of stuff unguarded or unlocked. Or better yet, don't bring it to school at all.
  3. dbabbs

dbabbs New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Ok thanks, i definetly have learned a lesson
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    this might seem dum but maybe ask the P.E. teacher or the person who manages the locker room? At my school they go through unlock lockers to check for trash and stuff during classes
  5. iforget

iforget Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Email to self:

"Hello sir,

Before I call Apple to have the IMEI blocked so the device can't be sold, I'd like to give you an opportunity to return the device to me for a reward. Just send a reply to this email within the next 24 hours if you'd like to cooperate. You can also call or text me at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Thank you for your honesty.

-Bob"
  6. dbabbs

dbabbs New Member

Device:
    iPad
    • Immature or obscene comments
    I have sent an email to the Dean, principal, and athletic director. my friends ipod was also stolen, which was near mine. Their are always stupid mexicans who mope around the locker room. Im assuming its one of them. Im going to have a little talk with them towmorrow morning...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    hah that is a good idea. ill see what i can do
  7. iforget

iforget Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Try using your pronouns correctly the next time you insult a group by race. Thank you.
  8. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Thats like leaving your keys in a car and walking away for a few hours, why would you make a silly mistake like that? you know its gonna get stolen, you should have been more protective of it.
  9. dbabbs

dbabbs New Member

Device:
    iPad
    haha. ok i will
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well it was inside my bag with a towel over it so i thought it would be safe. well i guess i was wrong
  10. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    NEVER leave anything valuable inside school lockers, that's just a rule-of-thumb.

I would definitely suggest speaking to whoever is in charge, as that is some pretty major theft.