Still saying no roms found and i have searched the whole forum

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by bradx8148, Jan 5, 2008.

1. bradx8148

bradx8148 New Member

ok i installed everything with the correct capitalization and put everything in the right spot
    /var/root/Media/ROMs/GBA
    and put bios in /Applications/gpSPhone.app
    i downloaded metriod fusion and mario cart super circuit they both have .gba on the end and im still getting no roms found i have jailbroken 1.1.2 gpSPhone 1.1.2.
    is there anything else i could be missing?.....
  2. bradx8148

bradx8148 New Member

sorry i also forgot to mention that i changed the permissions to 755 and that i tried using cuteFTP and winSCP to put my roms on my ipod, the only thing that i could think that might be messing me up is the bios i downloaded 3 different bios one from google one from ipodtouchmasters youtube vidio and one from brill301 the one from google had .ROM on the end of it and touchmasters' just said gba_bios and i think brills had .bin on the end
  3. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

well, thats definetly strange behavior from gPSPhone. i reviewed your steps and they all seem correct. one thing i noticed, are the file extension for each rom in lower case? sounds stupid but try that. i dont know if you set the roms and the bios to 755, idea?
  4. sumter554

sumter554 New Member

can u not put them on your ipod or are they just not there?
    if u download a rom u prolly have to extract to desktop before u can move it into the ipod
    try reinstalling gpsphone and updating and make sure all permissions are 0755
  5. bradx8148

bradx8148 New Member

yeah all the files are set to 755 including the bios, and yes I can put them on my iPod but there just not showing up. As for the rom files being in lower case they all are. What exactly should the bios file look like?

Edit: I followed ipodtouchmaster's video exactly so I'm pretty sure I am downloading them and extracting them correctly.
  6. bradx8148

bradx8148 New Member

ok i tried reinstalling it and i almost got it working now the games are showing up but now its saying i have the incorrect bios so can somebody send me the correct bios please.
  7. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, I read over what you did, and I can't see anything wrong... have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling gpSphone?
  8. bradx8148

bradx8148 New Member

nm i dont need the bios i found the right one thanks for all the help
  9. bigdooki

bigdooki New Member

Done a lot of reading but time for the first post.

Brad I have the same problem you were having. I followed ipodtouchmasters video but now have no ROMs showing when I pull up the emulator.

What did you figure out about the bios?
  10. nasty213

nasty213 New Member

Same problem here. Did you come up with a solution?