iOS 4.0 Still partially jailbroken? Or what?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by neko3343, Sep 18, 2010.

1. neko3343

neko3343 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Jailbroke it, did some spur-of-the-moment things, one of which was changing my "carrier" to my name.

It then occured to me that there was nothing too special about the jailbreak (in my opinion, and only for now; I haven't owned my iPod long enough to be bored of it quite yet) except SBSettings, which isn't completely necessary anyways.

So I "un-jailbroke" by updating to 4.1. ...My name's still chillin in the corner over there. What's up with that? Am I still partially jailbroken? Or is that just something it happened to pick up when creating a backup? Should my iPod be okay foe a few day s untill I get around to restoring it? Can I actually getrid of it with a restore or do I need to jailbreak agin and change it back to "iPod"?

... I'll stop asking questions now. If you can answer ANY of them that'd be great. Thanks for the help and sorry for my worrisome ramblyness!
  2. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

OK so there has been like 20 threads about this
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    When you restore from the backup of a jailbroken ipod it keeps the battery percentage and whateveer name you used there when you restore.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Don't restore to a jailbroken backup like you did. It will keep the little things from MiM in the corner, such as that name you put there, or battery percentage, whatever.

You iPod will be fine, with just some little bits of jailbroken data left over.
  4. MrFanForced

MrFanForced Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)

Yeah this happened to me all you have to do is re jailbreak and change it back. The name has been put in by editing strings so you need to go back and change it. A restore WILL NOT do the trick
  5. Nburnes

Device:
    OnePlus One
    A restore will do the trick.....Just don't restore to a jailbroken backup.....
  6. neko3343

neko3343 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Really? Sorry bout that...
    So is there any way to make it go away? Will a simple restore do the trick?
  7. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

Restore but dont do it from the same backup
  8. Nburnes

Device:
    OnePlus One
    This.

Set your iPod up as new, or restore to a backup from before your iPod was jailbroken. Not sure if you can do the last one, honestly. Haven't used iTunes in forever.
  9. neko3343

neko3343 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Is there a way for me to get back to a non-jailbroken backup? I'd rather just have it factory fresh (speaking of, would resetting to factory settings from the device itself work?) than have it just look that way when it's really just edited to do so...
  10. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    iTunes backed up your iPod when you were jailbroken. your carrier name ws backed up. you updated to 4.1. you restored from a backup. your carrier name was restored.

Please Register or Log in to view images