still can't jailbreak 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by iGal, Jan 19, 2008.

1. iGal

iGal New Member

I've followed the directions and installed 1.1.1, jailbroke 1.1.1, installed OkToPrep, and installed 1.1.2.

I close iTunes and run the jar filed to jailbreak it. I install SSH and click the jailbreak. It installs the software. When it's done it says it will reboot and such. iTunes pops up and says it found an iPod in recovery mode and does not read the version, name or serial number.

I'm running 7.6 (29) version of iTunes.

I know I'm following the direction,, but what am I over looking?
  2. IpodTouchMexico

IpodTouchMexico New Member

itunes 7.6 blocked the touchfree jailbreak (the jar file thing), so now you have to, either uninstall itunes and get 7.5 back somehow, or downgrade ipod to 1.1.1, i personally think 1.1.1 jailbroken is better than 1.1.2 , just because its faster to jailbreak n its the same
  3. AnotherFan

AnotherFan New Member

Is it truely the same?

I'm having issues trying to jailbreak to 1.1.2 again (had to restore). I'm wondering if I get 1.1.1 will I miss out on anything or have a slower iPod?
  4. minja3418

minja3418 New Member

5. touch08

touch08 New Member

Same here

follow everything to the tee but i get an error when i click on windows...i get a message sayin that i need to install Oktoprep b4 using the app, i did install it...ne answers out there???
  6. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I update to 1.1.3 and downgrade to 1.1.1 then 1.1.2 JB with itune 7.6 2 times and I never had any error.
    after you JB 1.1.1 and install oktoprep update to 1.1.2 with itune then before to run the touchfree prog close itune and also kill all the process related to itune and ipod (ipodservice, itunehelper,....)

hope this can solve your problem.
  7. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

Big mistake: Updated to iTunes 7.6. :[
  8. joshuachan28

joshuachan28 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    agreed. sigh. why must itunes do this to us. downgrading to 7.5 sounds like so much trouble.
  9. bizty

bizty New Member

Hi guys.

I have found a way to solve this problem.

English is not my best language but I hope you understand.

When you have jailbreaked 1.1.2 by using the oktoprep. You will see a "connect to itunes" screen on your iPod, right? It is because your iPod is in recoverymode. In order to get it out of that you have to download "independence". Download it here:
    http://code.google.com/p/independence/
    I downloaded 1.3.2 beta. Start it. It will automatical reboot your iPod. I would also say something about it cant find your baseband. Just ignore that (the program is made for iphone). When it has rebooted your ipod a couple of times you will see the installer.app

Independence is only for Mac, but I believe you can do the same with ibrick for windows. Choose that you want to "boot phone".
  10. davidw89

davidw89 New Member

I Still Don't Get It
    How Do I Run It For Windows?