Still Can't Decide Whether to Upgrade to 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by gekko, Aug 2, 2009.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I haven't upgraded yet from 2.2.1 and I am wondering whether it is worth it to upgrade now or wait for 3.1.
    I have a non-jailbroken 1st Gen Touch and I am concerned about the problems others have had with wifi reception being worse after the upgrade.
    I'd like to hear how others with a 1st Gen Touch feel about the upgrade. Worth it or not? Problems they have had, etc. Thanks.
  2. iOwnxD

iOwnxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a 1st gen and 2nd gen and I didn't notice a decrease in wifi speed since I upgraded to 3.0. It's worth it I because of all the new features. You're going to have to install 3.0 anyways to install 3.1. I haven't noticed any problems at all with the 3.0 upgrade.
  3. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd recommend it. Copy & paste is a life saver and push notifications are so convenient. If you have any problems upgrading or jailbreaking, the solution is probably here. Just make sure you search before you ask.
  4. Zero315

Zero315 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The only problem I've had is one of my games crash a lot but thats their fault.The game is Magic Wars btw.Other than that I've had little to no problems.
  5. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Your games should be updated to ensure OS 3.0 compatibility, you should contact the developer to make sure he patches the problems.
  6. Zero315

Zero315 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There was a note from them saying they are working on the problem. The problems were crashing after sending a message and answers are black when taking a quiz. Both of which suck but I trust a fix is coming.
  7. Mast3rMatt

Mast3rMatt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, with my ipod touch first Gen 3.0. I had some many problems with random decrease in battery that I had to go back on 2.2.1 but with my iphone. I have no problems at all with the firmware.
  8. alexr15

alexr15 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had the same problem. didnt know if i should upgrade, but the fact that you can have more than 9 pages of app whas a rela decider for me
  9. khage123

khage123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    3.0 is definately worth it, i just upgraded yesterday on my 1G ipod touch, works good, i love the new search feature and push notifications
  10. gekko

gekko New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks...I really appreciate the feedback. I guess I don't really care about the extra features like cut & paste, etc. but the extra pages would be nice.
    My main issue is that a lot of my games and apps have updates that require 3.0, and I feel like I will get left behind if I don't upgrade. I've read that only 5% of Touch users have upgraded to 3.0...so I guess I'm not the only one who has been procrastinating. (It has nothing to do with the ten bucks, by the way.)