STILL asking... how do 320 x 240 mp4's look on an iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ryuukumori, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

The title says it all, and I haven't gotten clear answers from here or iLounge.

So how do they look? Are they stretched for widescreen or zoomed in for fullscreen?

I do know the resolution for normal landscape is 480 x 320. Over half my TV Shows are in 320 x 240. So to ask ANYONE who has 320 x 240 mp4's on their iPod Touches, how do they look? All help is necessary, I have gone weeks with no answer...
  2. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

im guessing it would be pretty small
    i have full reselutions and they work fine but i dont think their as small as that
  3. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

I need PROOF. Not guessing...

Who HAS videos made for an iPod Video 5 or 5.5G, and put them on their touch? How do they look?
  4. appletoast

appletoast New Member

they look fine... just really depends how you convert them tho. ive got some eps of friends in 320 x 240 and its a tiny bit grainy but then i have some eps of scrubs in the same res and the quility is near perfect even when stretched.
  5. Hazemonster

Hazemonster New Member

Here's how I convert DVD videos for my ipod Touch. ( I don't really do TV shows on it).

I use DVDFab Platinum to convert my DVD's to iPod Touch MP4. I use "two pass high quality" and a screen resolution of 640x352. This gives an aspect ratio of 1:85:1 which looks GREAT for DVD videos. When watching the movie on the ipod touch, you then have the option to push the button with double arrows and expand the video to fill the screen. That way, you can watch it in letterbox with the black bars on top and bottom, or you can zoom to full screen mode (pan and scan). Both formats look great, and by encoding the movies this way, I can decide which mode to watch my movies in, at any time.

I HIGHLY recommend DVDFab because it is very simple to use and the results are excellent. Of course...everyone has their favorites.

Please Register or Log in to view images

As far as resolution for TV shows...since they are 4:3...320x240 at high quality encoding should look good.

www.dvdfab.com
  6. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Thanks everyone.

Yeah, ever since I had a 30 GB iPod last year for merely a week, I had over 30 GB of media converted to that resolution. I do have movies now in 480 x 320, which look amazing. Thanks again for the help.
  7. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They look perfectly fine if you encode them high quality. The iPod Touch does not stretch your videos or anything, instead there will be black space on the sides where a 420 x 320 video would have filled those black spaces.