Stereo issues. Help if you can.

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by rykah, Sep 3, 2010.

1. rykah

rykah Member

Meet my stereo.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Mr. Stereo doesn't like to listen to me. In the middle of a game, he will switch from the Video 1 input to the radio or CD inputs at random. His speakers will crackle every now and then, and then they'll just stop crackling (tried moving the cords to other inputs, etc and no change). The only way he'll accept button input is if you press the button really fast-- if it's held for a fraction of a second too long, the button is ignored. Plus, he didn't come with a backlit screen, so I don't know what's going on in his head.

I had to unplug him so as to set up my new TV, and plug him back in. Prior to the unplugging, the ONLY issue I had was that the right speaker would go out, but I think it was just a bad connection in the back.

If anyone knows how I can whip Mr. Stereo back into shape, please let me know. This problem is extremely annoying.
  2. blessthefresh

blessthefresh Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Sorry to say i can't help...but if you need to buy a new one, i recommend buying a Denon amplifier. I've had mine for 10 years and it still works like new.
  3. rykah

rykah Member

I don't think I need a new one. This one only stopped working right after I unplugged it and plugged it back in later. Lemme try unplugging it again...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hmm. That seemed to have fixed it for now.