Steps for Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Pac79, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Pac79

Pac79 New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hi everyone This Pac79. I'm new to the itouch arena, but need someone's advice. After a successful jailbreak to 1.1.1, it looks like I need to upgrade to 1.1.2. I have as of now the installer icon on my itouch and am ready to move on.I've installed Oktoprep.I've also downloaded "jailbreak.jar." My question is, if I upgrade to 1.1.2 via the mac upgrade, will I lose the installer during the upgrade for the next jailbreak? Should I keep going with the install or what? What steps are necessary to complete the process? Any ones help would be grand..I'm using a Mac OSX Tiger
    Cheers Pac79
  2. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You've got like 15 minutes left. You update, wait for that, then double click the jailbreak.jar, than choose openSSH, and click "jailbreak!" And now you wait for the process to complete, reboot, and then it'll reboot on its own after that. Congratz, you have jailbreaked 1.1.2.

And yes, you will lose installer on the update, but the touchfree process puts it back (which is the jailbreak.jar)
  3. Pac79

Pac79 New Member

Thanks thesmidge, This puts my mind at ease now knowing I'll be jailbreaking very soon... Pac79