Step-by-Step

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by wearmaize, May 1, 2009.

1. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Sorry to be a bother again, but I went to an apple store with a genius bar appointment and no one there knew how to publish an iPhone app to the App Store. Unfortunately, neither do I. I have paid the $100 for the iPhone Dev. Account, and I have XCode and everything else on my mac. I also have my application that I've been building; it's in .xcodeproject format in its folder. I would like to ask if anyone who has the experience can help me get this app published. I have been frustrated for a week about not being able to do it. If you could take the time to help me (however long it takes) I would greatly appreciated. I already have a description for it so that would save some time.

Again, if anyone can help me step-by-step, please post here or PM me. I can give you an AIM address if you want to do this over IM and share screens, or email works fine too. I just want to get this on the App Store!
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Any info you need on publishing your application is provided to you via the Program Portal.
  3. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I've done my best to follow those guides. However, the step that says that
    really confuses me. What domain name do I put? Is the application name the one I specify in iTunes Connect or the name of the xcodeproject file?
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I think you should call Apple support. It is very easy to publish applications, so long as you follow the directions in the portal. I'm not going to Step by Step the instructions for you because they are already clear as crystal as published by Apple.

Also, you should have bumped your old thread instead of creating a new one.
  5. DaZill

DaZill New Member

beginner

Hi!

I'm about to take the very first step.
    althought I still don't know what it should be.
    I'm using Windows (vista) and I'd like to make app-s for my jailbroken Ipod touch 1g.
    So where should I start? and kind of sdk do I need and where can I get it?
    (by the way, gui programming is also new for me)

plz help!
  6. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    plz read all the other posts like yours, especially when this post has nothing to do with the thread topic
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You can't use the SDK on Vista or any Windows computer without any special programs.

On a related note to my OP, I have successfully submitted my app. Thanks for the help!
  8. MountainDew

MountainDew New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was able to dual boot OS X with my XP and get the SDK, I'm pretty sure you can do it with Vista too. You just need to create a separate partition and install OS X on that partition. (I used leo4all).
  9. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Please keep this thread on topic. There are countless other threads already discussing this.
  10. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I made this thread; if a mod wants to close it, go ahead, but I know how difficult it is to create an iPod app and want him or her to get the help he needs.

Please Register or Log in to view images