step 5 fails in dfu mode not bricked

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by panteralives, Feb 17, 2009.

1. panteralives

panteralives New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this is a 16g 2nd gen ipod touch ive tried win xp sp3 no luck ive tried vista ultimate 64bit with no luck jailbreaking with this new version gui by d7 anyone out there know what in the heck could be going wrong when i get to step 4 where ipod goes into the black screen thats it i cant go on to the the next step and yes i know that it is not bricked i can restore to orginal firmware un jailbroken i have jailbroken this one once but when i was asked to reboot i did then it when back to non responsive so i restored it back in itunes on my vista ultimate laptop, im stuck guys and no holding the power button and home for 30sec or more doe not work at all.all i get is a usb icon in the taskbar and pop noise no chime period no matter how long i hold the ipod to try to get it in dfu mode and this in both win xp and vista except vista does let me restore xp never does i get no response from xp and thats the version orginally jailbroke it from. so heres the scoop whos better then the rest to help me figure out why this is not working ive given you everything that i have done to try to jailbreak this by the way is the cywood jailbreak version if you can help it would be greatly appreciated and please keep you lame coments to youselfs your coments are not wanted i just need to know what could be happening /why i cant get past step 4 thankyou and im not a noob
  2. Sethros

Sethros New Member

Ive jailbroken my ipod turned it off yesterday and unable to get into dfu mode.Just keeps makin those conect and disconnect noises and wont let my upload dfu file. Been trying for 20 min to get it into dfu mode and im not retarded i cant hold the buttons for 10 seconds then 8.
  3. tracershot899

tracershot899 New Member

4. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i
    cannot
    believe
    that
    whole
    thing
    was
    one
    sentence.
    o.0

with no period, either 0.0
  5. Raytheon117

Raytheon117 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    HOLY CRAP! I concur man. God damn...

Actually upon further inspection there were TWO periods! TWO!!!

To the OP: Have you tried using a GUI like RedTool or Voltage to make sure you're getting the timing perfectly?