Preview Steampunk Theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by heffer101, Feb 18, 2008.

1. heffer101

heffer101 New Member

After searching around, and wanting to make my own theme, i've started on a steampunk theme. Its nowhere near completion but i was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions, or would like to work on it with me, like a collaboration. Here is what i got so far. One of the main problems is how to make the icons. I can't find out how to make them nice, rounded and such. If someone could like make a template like a .psd, that could be great.

With icons(alot):

Please Register or Log in to view images

Without Icons:

2. kitren2

kitren2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this would be a sweet theme

EDIT: Do you know what steampunk is its modern things, that look old and rustic.
  3. heffer101

heffer101 New Member

yea. But if i dont get things right or something, is one of the reasons why it would be a great collaboration project.
  4. heffer101

heffer101 New Member

So i got farther in the process and i've even changed the wallpaper. I got the icons for; Notes, Mail, iPod, SMBPrefs, Books, Maps, Settings and pseudo Safari one(its not yet complete). I changed the dock as well, just added a bigger f-hole. I think ive turned it into more of a victorian theme, but its hard especially with narrow specifications. But anyways, after a couple of hours working on this, this is what i came out with. Please post youre comments and suggestions, anything will make this process go a lot better and easier.

5. kitren2

kitren2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's better, but its need to be modern old look at this http://gizmodo.com/search/steampunk
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

still needs work

heres some suggestions:

- dont add shiny to the icons, or the round-square shape. it makes it look more modern than steampunk
    -the background still doesnt feel very steampunkish. it looks like wallpaper from my grandma's house...
    -theres more to steampunk than looking old. it must have an old effect while still looking futuristic. almost like someone took something from the future and buried it 300 years ago and you've just found it.

also, heres a couple wallpaper variants I made to help you. not my best work, just a cropped and edited picture of a steamunk skin for ipods.

I'm not trying to criticize you or anything, I just want this thing to live up to its full potential, because I love steampunk stuff.

Attached Files:

7. heffer101

heffer101 New Member

well, why don't some people help out? this would be an awesome collaboration project, especially with the amount of people that love steampunk and probably love to help out. That would probably increase the people downloading/using the theme and the closeness to the genre