StealthMac?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by awptex, Mar 4, 2010.

1. awptex

awptex New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey everyone i got my ipod toucg 3g 8g about a week ago, and i upgraded to 3.1.3 then tried to jail break not realizing you couldn't so i downgraded to 2g 3.1.2 and then jail broke and worked fine now i am trying to spoof my mac address but cant seem to have any success i tried like 3 terminal codes, Macspoof and now i am trying to use Stealthmac i go into SSH but cant find where to run it from in there. I know that Ipod 2g has something that stop's you from spoofing but will downgrading to a 2g firmware do anything. Now the interesting part my brouther also Has a g 8g ipod touch but he has never updates his since he got, when he got he jail broke so it should still be 3g and i have tried all these things on his and nothing work's for some reason.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    stealthmac doesnt have a icon, you have to run it in terminal on the ipod. Thats what it says on the download page, dunno how to use tho.
  3. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    uhm lol type StealthMac in terminal im guessing?
  4. awptex

awptex New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i went into open ssh changed the Stealmac thing to 00:00:00:00:00:00 and then went on to terminal types in smac.sh Then i get

#Replace the following value with your desired MAC address for the wireless interface Mac: 0d:0d:0d:0d:0d:0d
    /usr/bin/smac.sh: line 16 :/usr/bin/ifconfig: Permission denies i am logged onto root in terminal any idea's? please