iPhone 3GS Stay with iPhone 3Gs or upgrade to 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by du0wow, Sep 27, 2010.

?

Which should I choose?

1. Stay with 3Gs

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. Upgrade to 4

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  1. du0wow

du0wow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm currently using a 3Gs 32GB, mostly for mobile gaming.

I'm wondering whether I should upgrade to 4 16GB or stay with my 3Gs, since in my country, the price between 3Gs and 4 is quite uneven. Locked 4 16GB is about 250 - 300$ more than Locked 3Gs 32GB. Any ideas about my situation?
  2. Shengis14

Shengis14 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    If it's for gaming, then keep the 3Gs an get a new iPod touch 4G, and that gives you a retina display, gyro and all the other cool stuff
  3. du0wow

du0wow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    uhhh...2 iDevice in a pocket would be a little pain in the ass and kinda unnecessary, I guess

I haven't been updating for a while, so I wanna ask you guys a question: how many new games do the 3Gs and the 4 get per month, since they have different specs and especially, display resolution?
  4. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    the retina display is spectacular. if you have a 3gs, you should not use your upgrade for an iphone 4 because you are getting all ios4 features (other than facetime) on your device already. i would wait for the iphone 5.
  5. du0wow

du0wow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    facetime with me would be a waste

Please Register or Log in to view images

but my concern is how many new games do the 3Gs and the 4 get per month, since they have different specs and especially, display resolution? if the amount of games/month for the 4 is more than the 3Gs, then I would upgrade to 4. otherwise, stay with the 3Gs
  6. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Agree 100%.

Only big new things are prettier screen and facetime. Unless you are obsessed with pretty screens and video chatting, stick with your 3GS and save money for a (hopefully) 64GB iPhone 5.
  7. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Upgrade. What are you waiting for? There are a lot of cool features with the iPhone 4: new design, retina display, 5mp camera with LED flash, frontfacing camera, HD video recording, FaceTime, iMovie app (especially for iPhone 4), and overall the iPhone 4 is much more enjoyable than the iPhone 3GS.

Just do it.
  8. timelapse123

timelapse123 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if you decide to upgrade No 1 thing to do GET A BUMPER for the antenna isuues
  9. cocotutch

cocotutch Community Development Team Staff Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I upgraded from an iPhone 3G (no S) to an iPhone 4 and I couldn't be happier, no antenna issue AT ALL which I'm thrilled about. The 3GS to the 4 is not that big of a leap compared to mine, so you won't notice much difference at all, apart from the Retina Display of course all the extra niceties.
  10. Imariel

Imariel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have the 3GS, I want to experience the Retina Display, but I'm going to wait for the iPhone 5, hopefully the antenna issue will be fixed, and once that's over with the phone can only go up.