[STAY TUNED] Sennheiser HD600, HD650 & HD800 Impressions+Comparison.

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by thechungster, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just to excite you people

Please Register or Log in to view images

In a few weeks time, a hifi shop in Leicester will receive a demo pair of the Sennheiser HD800's

When they receive them, I will be demoing them and will also demo the HD600's and the HD650's. After my 30min-1hour demoing session, I will write some of my impressions.
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh, sounds cool.
  3. migui

migui New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Very cool, Chung!

Get ready for the HD800. It's..... Fast. As. Hell. LOL
  4. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ^What does that mean?
  5. migui

migui New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

It's hard to elaborate without sounding weird. lol. But here goes.

They play music so "effortlessly". If you listen to really fast drums, it'll keep up. A polar opposite, imo, would be an unamped hd600/650. Really fast tracks are sloooow on those.
  6. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    In other words. When you use your 20$ headphones and apple headphones the sounds blend and become distorted bc the headphone speaker is going as fast as it can. These are so good they wont go distorted. There speakers will keep up. Correct?
  7. migui

migui New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Something like that, yup!

The people from head-fi are right when they said that the HD800 doesn't have a 'sound'. It lets you hear the music (and your gear) at it is.

This is, imo, what the hardcore audiophiles are after. But since I'm not audiophile, I prefer the colorization of the lower end headphones. Hence, I stick to mid-fi. Lol
  8. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Huh, I don't think I've ever noticed my apple buds not being able to keep up. It is more prominent and distinguished on my ESW10's of course.

Example songs that I can think of is "Angel of Death" by Slayer, has a crazy 10s double-bass solo towards the end, or "The Light that Blinds" by Shadows Fall.

How can you say you're not an audiophile? I guess you aren't after a pair of Orpheus' but imo someone who's had like 5+ pairs of $400+ headphones qualify.

Hm well depending on how the review goes, I might consider them for my college phones (which I'll probly get if I can in like a year and a half), HD800 or GS1000...hm...
  9. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

Just because you buy expensive headphones doesn't mean you're an audiophile. You cannot say that just because you have spent x amount of money on gear. You have to truly appreciate the music in it's fullest.

^^which can be done by purchasing expensive headphones, although that's not the entire meaning.
  10. migui

migui New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't like the term audiophile since now, most of the time, it apparently means I have to nitpick everything about the music. (which I don't, lol)

Like I've said before, I'm more for a music enthusiast than an "audiophile"

Btw, if you're considering the GS1000 and the HD800, you should very well consider at least an amp. And no, portable amplifiers won't do. lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.