Statusbar Icons

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by austin101, Jan 20, 2010.

1. austin101

austin101 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is there a tweak or app on cydia that will allow me to keep certain statusbar icons from showing? I do not need to see the play icon when i know my music is playing and it just obscures the clock text as shown in the top right corner. Any help would be grateful

Attached Files:

2. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im not sure but you could try this:
    -in your theme make a folder called "folders"
    -in there make a folder called "mediaplayer.framework"
    -in there, make a transparent image....maybe...30px by 30px or less...i dont know what size, anyway, call it "MovieTransportBackground.png"

that should make the image transparent.
  3. austin101

austin101 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Will this apply to the system whether im listening to music or using the internet?
  4. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    It should just make the whole statues bar transparent.
  5. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im..not sure, it should though. the normal white triangle you see is just called MovieTransportBackground.png and it shows on the status bar through out all applications i think, so this should work no matter what you do.
    But even if it doesn't...you are still i step closer to what you want.

Hope this is useful.

Why would it do that though? the windows 7 ultimate theme replaces the image and everything remains the same except the image...i dont see why the status bar would just go away. The status bar would go away if you made statusbar.png transparent though.
  6. austin101

austin101 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so i could just basically edit the .png file in photoshop and make it transparent?
  7. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, just search for MovieTransportBackground.png and select all and delete, making it transparent. If you want to make it part of the theme, just put a new copy in you theme folder under folders/mediaplayer.framework
  8. austin101

austin101 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok thank you. your help is very much appreciated. i dont have a specific theme. its more just edited themes i have removed certain aspects from to get the look i want. i have another question. how can i make the clock alarm and bluetooth icons transparent without searching for a theme that changes those and myself making them transparent, or is there a specific folder thats part of the apple firmware where i can edit the icon?
  9. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ohhh...gosh...umm, i think, if you get make it mine from cydia you can get rid of the ipod text and the clock. It gives you a spot to type things which you can then set as either your carrier (default is ipod) or banner (the space where the clock is) if you leave the space blank then press set carrier and set banner then the clock and ipod text will disapear...as for bluetooth and alarm...i know there are image names for them..but i dont know what they are. What i do, is I use iphone folders. You can download that (its for windows only i think) and it allows you to explore your ipod just as you would explore your computer in windows explorer. Search images for .png and it will give you the almost every system image there is (i got about 1477 images), search them for images that look the the bluetooth or alarm symbols then edit them to be blank and put them back on your ipod.

That can be done with many SSH programs, i think it also works with iFile and maybe open SSH. Thats what i do and perhaps you should try that too.
  10. austin101

austin101 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok i will. thank you very much
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i was able to find the bluetooth icon and removed it through iFile but i cant seem to find the play icon and the alarm icon