Status Bar Text Color 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by azninsane540, Feb 3, 2008.

1. azninsane540

azninsane540 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My problem is that my text color on the status bar is always black unlike most peoples that are always white with the transparent status bar. I have been playing around with the FSO_BG, Default_BG, and FST_BG, but i dont think these affect the actual text color in the status bar.

Does anyone know how to change the text color to white on the status bar on the home screen? My text is still white on the status bar in some applications and on the lock screen but i need to have it so that my status bar is dark and transparent with white text.

When its dark transparent with black text you cant see anything on your status bar?
    Does anyone know how to change the text color to im assuming default white text with transparent bg color on the home screen?

Thanx so much!!! PLZ reply!!!
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

This works with every firmware.
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=128355

I've created an app to automatically make the change, but I can't distribute because of difficulties with the touchrepo. I'm going to take the downtime and rewrite the app, as I'm not happy with the code.
  3. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    /offtopic
    Skylar,
    Did you get my PM?
  4. azninsane540

azninsane540 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey Skylar,
    I've already seen that thread but in 1.1.3 i cant seem to find the com.apple.springboard plist anymore in preferences. I have found something similar in the SpringBoard.app called DefaultApplicationState.plist which is very similar but once again i do not see the com.apple.springboard plist in library/preferences through SSH on the 1.1.3 firmware.
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

~/ now equates to /private/var/mobile

The file is in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/
  6. azninsane540

azninsane540 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've found the com.apple.springboard.plist now but wat integer do i change it to to make the text white. From what I saw in that thread integer 3 should give you a transparent status bar with white text but the default in the plist was already 3 when i opened the plist. My status bar text is still black like it was before. I have just finished trying all the integers from 0-10 and none of them change my text's color.
  7. azninsane540

azninsane540 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to change the text color?
    I've been trying more things but to no avail.

By the way, could somone give me their FSO_BG, FST_BG, and Default_BG from SpringBoard.app while your at it? Been changing them around and accidently deleted them! =(

THANX!!