Startup issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dreaper, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Dreaper

Dreaper New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well i have some issues, i cant seem to be able to startup my phone, i for some reason decided to turn it of when i got "no service" and now it just wont boot, blackrain seems to be crashing and i havent updated itunes to the newest version. i really cba to restore atm, so is there anything i can do? if i run blackrain, it just shows me the itunes logo on the phone and tells me that i need to reset, and nothing else happens..

//Dreaper
  2. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    You can try hard resetting the phone.. Hold power button and home button for 15 seconds or until phone turns off, let go of the home button while still holding the power button and wait for the apple logo to pop up on the screen.
  3. Dreaper

Dreaper New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Alright, what will happen if i do that? cause if i reset it now it will upgrade to 3.1.3, and i want my jailbreak, but seeing as it doesent start at all, what could i do to be able to start it up?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Decided to reset it, and it seems to be working now, even though my JB is gone and pretty much everything else too.
  4. all_against_one

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    What I said in my above post just powered the device all the way off and hardware reset it. It's just like a force turn off and then you hold the power button to turn it back on. But it seems like you restored back to the 3.1.3 firmware. Don't worry though, the jailbreak for the 3GS will be out all in good time. No release date it set but it should happen by 4.0 or possibly even 3.2.
  5. Dreaper

Dreaper New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I hope so, i've always disliked tethered jailbreaks.
  6. all_against_one

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Yeah, to me they aren't the best thing.. I remember for the iPod touch 2g when I had to make the dongle to boot it. Those were the crazy days... Hopefully it's not back to that though.. Haha.